Mountain High Red Rocks Academy
This Academy is designed to help pilots enhance their high-altitude flying skills and enjoyment through safety awareness, critical situation analysis, best communication practices, survival gear, and more.
Our team of female and male mentors includes world record holders and national champions. They will lead ground school classes, a launch and landing clinic, navigation strategies, and aviation-assisted training.
We will also offer several zoom ground school training sessions over the winter as part of the Academy.
If you’re looking to enhance your high altitude or xc skills, this is not to be missed!
Our mentors are NOT INSTRUCTORS, but they are very experienced and highly talented hang glider pilots. We will provide the instruction to pass on experiential wisdom and practical insight, express their opinions and answer questions.
Zac Majors: Principal & Clinic director
- Launching and Landing Clinic
- Task Flying
- Reserve Toss
- Practical close proximity flying XC with radio-assisted communication.
- Classroom Ground School: virtual zoom and in-person at HQ.
Zoom Classroom instruction format. 60 min. max with Q&A. 30 min additional at the mentor’s discretion. Zac Majors will host classes. Scheduled for consecutive Sunday evenings starting at 6:00 pm PST starting on January 22nd, 2023. The Following are slated but not guaranteed.
- Mountain Competition Flying. By Robin Hamilton
- Strategies, Experience History Profile, and Applied Safety Mitigation. By Robin Hamilton
- Oxygen 101. by Tim Delaney
- Garmin InReach 101. By Rich Reinauer
- Weather and High Mountain Flying Conditions. By Davis Straub
- Reporting Accidents, Mishaps, and Close Calls. By Zac Majors
- High Mountain Flying Secrets. By Owen Morse
- To Be Announced. By Larry Bunner