These zoom ground school training sessions are a part of the Academy and may be purchased as a package separate from the in-person practical flying. The High Mountain Red Rocks Academy is designed to help pilots enhance their high-altitude flying skills and enjoyment through safety awareness, critical situation analysis, best communication practices, survival gear, and more.
Zoom Classroom instruction format. 60 min. max with Q&A. 30 min additional at the mentor’s discretion. Zac Majors will host classes. Scheduled for consecutive Sunday evenings starting at 6:00 pm PST starting on January 22nd, 2023. The Following are slated but not guaranteed.
- Mountain Competition Flying. By Robin Hamilton
- Strategies, Experience History Profile, and Applied Safety Mitigation. By Robin Hamilton
- Oxygen 101. by Tim Delaney
- Garmin InReach 101. By Rich Reinauer
- Weather and High Mountain Flying Conditions. By Davis Straub
- Reporting Accidents, Mishaps, and Close Calls. By Zac Majors
- High Mountain Flying Secrets. By Owen Morse
- To Be Announced. By Larry Bunner